Osteoarthritis Physiotherapy in Gurgaon | Osteoarthritis treatment in Gurgaon
Osteoarthritis, one of the most popular types of arthritis, is a disease where the cartilage sheet that cushions the ends of the bones wears down with time. Usually, people with older age face these issues in their hands, knees, hips and spine. There is no doubt that it can affect other joints of the body too. So, it is vital to consult a physiotherapist for arthritis as soon as possible.
Though it is an irreversible problem, you can still manage or delay the effects with some practices. Regular exercise, proper diet and timely medications can slow down the effects. Let’s dive in to understand the causes and solution to this problem.
What components make up a joint?
Soft tissues cushion and support joints, preventing your bones from rubbing against one another. Articular cartilage, a kind of connective tissue, is important. It allows your joints to move freely and painlessly.
A synovial membrane, a cushioned pocket of fluid that lubricates the joints, is found in certain joints. Tendons and ligaments support several joints, including your knees. Ligaments link bones to other bones, whereas tendons attach muscles to bones.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis
- No Flexibility– The very obvious thing which you will witness is that moving your joints will feel like a big task. The movement won’t be smooth anymore for your body.
- Grating Sensation– Hearing the popping or cracking sound from your knuckles or joints is not normal and should not be avoided. You should immediately go for physiotherapy for Osteoarthritis.
- Bone Spurs– The hardness of lumps or extra bone you feel at the end of adjacent bone is also one of the symptoms of arthritis.
- Pain and Swelling– The frequent pain and swelling in your joints is not just an aging factor, it could lead to a much serious problem, so don’t ignore such factors.
What Causes Osteoarthritis?
To understand the core reason of this problem, you need to know about the tissue named cartilage. The tissue has the duty of smooth and effortless movement of our joints. When this tissue tears off, we tend to witness this problem.
The cushioning of the bone ends and then it leads to cracking sound and stiffness. Though it is an aging factor, and use of the joints leads to this but some people tend to witness it in young age as well.
How is arthritic disease identified?
Consult your physician if you suspect you have arthritis. The doctor will inquire about your symptoms and how joint discomfort impacts your daily life. A physical exam will be performed by your provider, which may include the following:
- Assessing your joint mobility and range of motion.
- Examining the region surrounding your joints for soreness or oedema.
- Examining your general health to see whether your symptoms are the result of something else.
Who is more likely to face it?
The people with following factors are prone to osteoarthritis.
- Genes- Some people have this problem in their gene- their mother, father or maternal / paternal grandparents might have suffered the same.
- Injuries– Accidents or injuries while playing are quite common reasons of bone damage or cartilage tissue damage.
- Gender- Women are more likely to suffer from osteoarthritis as compared to men. There is a lot of research which I going on this situation but nothing has been revealed yet.
- Obesity- More body weight makes it difficult for people to move around and put more pressure on bones, which later results in the damage of cushions on the bone’s ending. Also, fat tissue produces proteins that can cause harmful inflammation in and around your joints.
- Age- Old people commonly face this issue, joint pain and joint cracking sound is often witnessed in their age-group.
- Bone deformities- Some people have bone deformation which is not their fault. It is just like it from their birth, but again, it can be treated with utmost perfection.
- Repetitive Stress on Bones- If the bones get too much pressure due to your job or any routine activity, and then it may result to arthritis or any of its type.
- Metabolism Problem- Sometimes the disease develops due to metabolism problem, like when your body creates too much ion or you are suffering from diabetes.
Osteoarthritis is not reversible yet you can slow down the process and maintain your health. There are innumerable medical facilities available in this situation. You can choose to take medicines daily or you can just go for physiotherapy. The osteoarthritis physiotherapy centre in Gurgaon is an amazing place for your treatment. The experts treat you with all the ease and comfort, making you love the physiotherapy even more.
Our lifestyle has been in such a way that we attract so many diseases in our life time and one such problem is osteoarthritis. You just can’t rely on medicines for all your need, some treatments are better than that. Take a step forward and start with your physiotherapy for arthritis now. This hassle free way of leading a happy and healthy life is much needed!