Elbow pain treatment in Gurgaon | Physiotherapy for Elbow pain
Elbow pain is a common situation faced by both the young and the older people alike. This physical discomfort in the Elbow joint, muscles, tendons or ligaments can be triggered by multiple causes. In our daily lives, we use our arms, wrists and hands repeatedly. Often overuse and indulgence in certain sports and hobbies can cause elbow pain. Also, there can be an underlying disease like Arthritis that might trigger elbow pain. In comparison to other joints, your elbows are less prone to wear and tear. Getting the cause evaluated is crucial to recovery from elbow pain.
We are DynaFisio provide the Elbow pain treatment in Gurgaon, Here we are told about Elbow pain Causes, Symptoms & Treatment. If you have any contact us for Elbow pain treatment. Our Doctors give Best physiotherapy for Elbow pain
Causes of Elbow Pain
There are various causes of elbow pain like-
- Strain and sprain– When the muscle is excessively stretched or torn, it is called a strain. In the case of a ligament, it’s a sprain caused by lifting heavy objects or overdoing sporting activities.
- Fractured elbow– If one of the arm bones breaks at the elbow, it is a fracture. This is caused by a sudden blow like a car or sports accident.
- Dislocated elbow– When any bone that forms the elbow moves away from its place, it is a dislocated elbow. It can happen to even toddlers and it usually happens by the excessive swinging of the hand or putting out the hand with pressure to make a catch.
Symptoms of Elbow Pain
Some common symptoms of Elbow pain are:
- Dull ache when the hand is at rest
- Pain at the fist
- Pain during opening the fingers
- Soreness around the elbow
- Weak grip
- Pain while trying to catch objects
- Elbow stiffness
- Wrist stiffness
- Pain while twisting or bending the arm
- Swollen elbow joint
- Burning or pain on the outer elbow
- Wear and Tear Injuries– Some injuries occur with time when you repeat some actions causing wear and tear on the shoulders. Such injuries happen while playing sports or at the workplace, factory or home.
- Tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow– The overuse of an elbow for multiple activities damages the tendons that lead to a tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow. Despite these names, it can occur to anyone. These conditions are common among table tennis players who have to excessively practice and play putting pressure on their elbows.
- Trapped nerves– When the nerve passes through the elbow squeezes, it can cause elbow pain issues.
- Stress fractures– The stress fracture causes a Small Crack in one of the arm bones caused by overdoing activities. It is common among athletes and baseball pitchers. The pain can worsen while throwing.
- Diseases– Many diseases can cause elbow pain like arthritis, Osteochondritis dissecans, gout, lupus, Lyme disease and much more.
Ways to Investigate Elbow Pain
A medical practitioner can identify elbow pain through different medical tests like:
- Physical examination- In a physical examination, the Healthcare provider performs a check of the elbow and the overall health. Different tests are performed under physical examination depending on the medical history, family background and severity of the pain.
- X-rays- X-ray is a common imaging test where a Healthcare provider gets a view of the body without any incision.
- CT scan- CT scan involves the use of rotating X-Ray machines and computers for getting cross-sectional body images. These images give more detailed information than regular X-Ray images.
- MRI Scan- The MRI Scan includes the use of Radio waves and a CT scan for diagnosing the problem. It is a low-risk test.
- Electromyography (EMG)- The EMG procedure analyzes the health condition of muscles and nerve cells to control them. It translates signals into numbers and graphs that enable the medical practitioner to make a diagnosis.
Physiotherapy Treatment For Elbow Pain
Home remedies and self-help can give a rest to Elbow Pain for a few days. But, permanent treatment of a complex or persistent problem requires medical treatment or therapy. Some of them are:
- Physiotherapy– Physiotherapy enables the person to build and strengthen the elbow while negating the condition to reoccur. A professional physiotherapist makes a person recover from injury or long-term health condition by becoming active and independent. They may recommend biceps and triceps strengthening exercises through lightweight or resistance bands.
- Steroid injections– In case of severe pain, a medical practitioner may recommend a steroid injection. It will increase the pain for some time and then the pain will fade away. However, it is a temporary treatment to curb the pain for some time.
- Platelet-rich plasma injections- A technique known as Platelet-rich plasma injections (PRP) injections are popularly used to treat tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow. The platelets are cells in blood performing multiple roles that are performed under the supervision of medical practitioners.
- Surgery– Mostly, the above-mentioned treatment heals the elbow pain. In rare cases, people need surgery to ease the symptoms. These surgeries are just daycare procedures.
Exercises for Elbow Pain
Some exercises prescribed by the physiotherapist for Treating Elbow Pain are:
- Wrist turn- In this exercise, the person has to bend their elbow at a right angle and hold the hand palm up. Then, they need to turn the wrist gradually, making the Palm face down. Consequently, they will have to hold the position for 5 seconds and release it. Repeat it.
- Elbow bend– The person has to stand up straight and lower their arm on one side. Then they have to bend their arm slowly upwards, making the hand touch the shoulder. Then, they have to hold it for 15 to 30 seconds and use a lightweight to build strength in the biceps and triceps.
- Palm lift– The person has to place their Palm on the table and lift the fingers. Place the hands around the knuckles at a 90° angle and push down when you will try to pull the hand. The person should feel the muscles contracting. Repeat it on the other hand too.
- Towel twist– Hold a loose rolled-up towel in your hand lengthways, keep one hand on each end. Next, relax the shoulder and twist the towel by moving your hands on opposite sides. Repeat nine more times and change the direction of the hands.
- Fist squeeze– Make use of a rolled-up towel and place it in the palm. Grip the towel with your fingers and form a fist while squeezing it. Repeat the process nine more times.