Guillain-Barré syndrome treatment in Gurgaon | Physiotherapy for Guillain-Barré syndrome
GBS (acute inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy) is another name for Guillain-Barré syndrome (AIDP). It’s a neurological condition in which the body’s immune system assaults the peripheral nervous system, which is the part of the nervous system that isn’t connected to the brain and spinal cord. GBS can strike suddenly and unexpectedly, necessitating emergency hospitalisation. It might take a few days or many weeks to develop, with the most severe weakening happening during the first several weeks after symptoms start. Share your concern with a doctor and get physiotherapy treatment for Guillain-Barre Syndrome.
GBS is an uncommon disease that may afflict people of any age, men and women alike. GBS is most commonly caused by a viral infection of the respiratory or gastrointestinal tract. In simple words, Guillain-Barré syndrome occurs when a person’s immune system attacks the cells in their body. It leads to muscle weakening and, in rare cases, paralysis results from this injury.
Causes of Guillian- Barre Syndrome (GBS)
There is no such reason for these diseases that is why our body’s immune system starts attacking the cells of your body.
Normally, immune system cells target only foreign matter and invasive microorganisms; however, in GBS, the immune system begins to damage the myelin coating that protects many nerve cells’ axons, as well as the axons themselves.
Nerves lose their capacity to convey messages effectively, muscles lose their ability to respond to brain orders, and the brain gets fewer sensory impulses from the rest of the body when this happens. As a result, you won’t be able to experience heat, discomfort, or other feelings. GBS can develop as a result of a viral infection, surgery, injury, or an immunisation response.
Symptoms of Guillian- Barre Syndrome (GBS)
The most basic symptom of GBS is weakness in the muscles of the legs. It sometimes transfers to their arms and other parts of the body. The symptoms may feel like normal body weakness or pain but it is more than that. It needs to get diagnosed as soon as possible.
You may not be able to use the parts of the body due to excessive weakness. It may get paralyzed too; in that case, you won’t use the body parts and muscles at all.
Breathing becomes hard and blood pressure and heart rate affect directly. It is a medical emergency and it needs to get treated quickly.
Diagnosis of Guillain Barre Syndrom
GBS manifests itself in a variety of ways. In its early stages, it might be difficult to diagnose.
GBS has its own set of indications and symptoms:
- All these parts of the body have symptoms
- Symptoms emerge swiftly, within days or weeks rather than months.
- Reflexes are no longer there
- The amount of protein in the cerebral spinal fluid is abnormally high. This is the fluid that includes the brain and spinal cord.
The various treatments may be used to diagnose GBS:
- The spine is tapped (lumbar puncture)- A specific needle is inserted into the spinal canal in the lower back. This is the region of the spine that surrounds the spinal cord. After that, the pressure in the spinal canal and the brain may be monitored. A tiny sample of cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) can be taken and tested to see whether there is an infection or other issues.
- Electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction velocity are examples of electro-diagnostic examinations (NCV)- These tests are used to assess and identify muscle and motor neuron diseases. Electrical activity and muscle reaction are monitored using electrodes injected into the muscle or implanted on the skin covering a muscle or muscle group.
Treatment of Guillain Barre Syndrom (GBS)
This disease has medications and therapies which allow the patient to use the organs for regular work. But the weakness keeps on increasing. All the medicines will slower the process of depletion. Other than medicines, what you can do is, you can go for physiotherapy treatment. The treatment will keep the organs moving and will not let them paralyzed and even if it gets paralyzed earlier, the treatment will help you then too.
Physiotherapy is a one-stop solution for all orthopaedic diseases. We believe in NO SURGERY treatment and advise our clients for the same too. Physiotherapy is a science which understands every muscle and angle of the body making it reliable. Contact dynafisio for the most reliable physiotherapy in Gurgaon. Call us or mail us to know more.