It is a Chinese technique in which a suction is created on the skin using a cup. The suction is kept for few minutes and that helps to increase blood flow, removes toxins from the area sucked, loosens adhesions and also reduces pain.
Types of cupping
- Dry cupping
Dry cupping involves the application of a heated cup on the skin of the back, chest, abdomen, or buttocks. The cooling of the air is then thought to create a suction effect.
- Dynamic cupping
It is moved in continuous motion to increase the blood flow and reduce pain.
- Wet cupping (hijama)
Medicinal bleeding, where blood is drawn by local suction from a small skin incision.
- Fire cupping
Fire cupping involves soaking a cotton ball in almost pure alcohol. The cotton is clamped by a pair of forceps and lit via match or lighter, and, in one motion, placed into the cup and quickly removed, while the cup is placed on the skin. The fire heats up the air in the cup which, after cooling reduces in volume creating a negative pressure inside the cup. The cup is then quickly placed onto the body and the negative pressure “sucks” the skin up.
- Pain reduction
- Reduces inflammation
- Discomfort during prolong sitting
- Increase range of motion
- Draining of toxins
- Blood pooling
- Boost immunity
- Reduces chronic muscle tightness
- Blood disorder such anaemia & haemophilia
- Rheumatic disorder like arthritis
- Fertility and gynaecological condition
- Eczema and acne
- Anxiety and depression
- Bronchial congestion such as allergy and asthma
- Varicose vain
Mechanism of action
- The targeted area is suctioned by a mechanical gun or pump
- The suction is created and the skin is drawn and hold for few minutes
- This suctioning helps in increasing the blood flow over the area and helps in reducing pain and loosening the adhesions
Our Dynafisio provides all types of the cupping therapy with advanced physiotherapy techniques. The patient is taken care under the supervised physiotherapist. You can visit us in our centre in Gurgaon – DLF Phase-4, sector 42, and sector 45.